Introduction to Gospel singing workshop
The term gospel is derived from the word Godspell (Word of God, originally). This musical style that popularised in the years 30, has its origin in the African slaves first spirit song , brought to North America against their will.
The Gospel is a type of energetic and vibrant music that reflects a culture based on singing and dancing and incorporates the oral African tradition of singing history.
Gospel, sacred music
Perhaps it is the attachment to the suffering of the slaves for generations. It is possibly caused by the participation of the public, delivered, sings and claps all together. The case is that Gospel gets a collective spiritual response that is, for many, a Holy experience.
And as you know in Espai Coriveu we like to provide you with all kinds of musical experiences, we have designed an Introduction to Gospel workshop It won't leave you indifferent.
What are we going to learn in this workshop?
- We will approach Gospel from different aspects like technique and interpretation.
- At the technical level, we will see the integration of rhythm and voice, as well as the relationship between voice and body.
- We will work the twang and the anchor.
- In an interpretive level, we will focus on vocal improvisation and the deep connection with the song.
- We will work in common with the songs People get ready, of Al Green and Let it shine on me, of Abbot Kinney.
All audiences: both beginners and intermediate level of singing
Place, Date and time:
Bailén, 215 – 08037 Barcelona / 3 st of July 2019, from 18 h to 21 h
(Special price for students, 40€)